Thursday, November 19, 2009

Field Trip!!!

Tomorrow a group of us from our potter's guild is going to visit the Freer Gallery, part of the Smithsonian Institution. A guild member has arranged for us to go into the stacks that house their ceramics collection. We will get to observe and handle many incredible pots that are not on display to the public. I was able to do this once in the distant past, when I was fairly new to clay. I think that I will definitely get more out of this trip.

I am not sure about the photo policy, but if I can take pictures I will be sure to share. By the way, if you are going to be in the D.C. area, I believe it is very simple to set up one of these tours. I can get you information about it, if you are interested.

4 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if you got lost in the bowels of the Freer!?
    Thanks for your kind support before my surgery, Jerry. I'll be back in the studio before long. In the meantime, I have lots of thanks to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do post pics if you are allowed to take them. I was in the D.C. area at this time but I unknowingly passed up the chance, for I was busily cooped up in my cousin's studio helping her finish a mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerry, Sorry to clog things up with an irrelevant comment. I moved my blog and wanted to let you know for your blogroll, since I was on at your old site. It's now www.design-realized.com/adventures ...and lots of updates. (Site proper is now through design-realized.com) If you use a feed aggregator to read blogs, it's www.design-realized.com/adventures/feed.
    Thanks,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete